POPCORN JOURNALS

The journals of Devon (aka Popcorn) as we prepare for his impending arrival into the world!


Baby Devon

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 6, 2008

"Jiak Poh" (Tonics)

I was never one who placed much emphasis on taking tonics to boost health & well-being. All I ever did was pop some vitamin pills on a daily basis and go for my workout classes twice a week, that was about it.

However, since I got pregnant, I found myself more concerned on taking tonics & supplements for my health as well as Popcorn's.

These are what I take on a regular basis.

Obimin, which is a multivitamin, Natal Care Plus which is fish oil rich in DHA & EPA for baby's brain development and function as well as Calcium supplements as I am not a great fan of dairy products. I take these supplements on a daily basis every morning.



Concentrated Bird's Nest with Rock Sugar. I take a tablespoon once daily before bedtime. I love Bird's Nest!



Essence of Chicken with american ginseng, cordyceps & huaishan which I take once every two days.



Grinded american wild ginseng powder from Eu Yan Sang. This is expensive man.. $260 for a small bottle (only 37.5 grams!). I mix a small teaspoon with water & drink it once every two days.



Walnut & black bean soup, brewed by mummy. I take this concoction once every two days. Walnut's for baby's brain development & black beans are supposedly good for lactation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mann i love bird's nest soup too even IF its made from spit!!! <333

i eat it like once every monthish and used to bought from website hongkong-bird-nest.50webs.com/index_e.htm sometimes, my mom went back to hong kong and bought a full suitcase of it cause its cheaper there XD