POPCORN JOURNALS

The journals of Devon (aka Popcorn) as we prepare for his impending arrival into the world!


Baby Devon

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Motherhood Fair at Expo

Today's the first day of the Motherhood Fair at Expo. I figure that the crowds will be really bad during the weekends, so I made my way there during lunch since my office is just a five minute drive away.

My main agenda was to sign up for the Bloom maternity photography package from Studio Loft but I ended up spending much more than I intended... hehe.

My photoshoot will be in early August, that's when I'm around 33 weeks. Maryann, the photographer mentioned that the bigger the belly, the better. She did ask me if I wanted to book my appointment when I'm 35 weeks, but I think that's cutting it a bit too close. I'll share the photos if they are fit to be seen, so no promises. I don't want to freak anyone out... lol.

There is a promotion going on for 'CordLife' cord blood banking.. $300 discount off when we sign up at the fair. Since we have decided on cord blood banking anyway but been too lazy to move our butts to sign up, this is the perfect time to do so. Anyway, if anyone needs a referral for an additional $50 discount, please do let us know.

This is the collection kit which we will have to pack into my hospital bag to pass to our doctor for the cord blood collection. It consists of some documents, the blood bag, syringes, test tubes & what nots.


I also signed up for the Motherhood magazine subscription & got a huge goodie bag.

Here are the goodies


Another one of my buys, a baby pouch from Pupsik Studio.


I also bought 4 bottles of concentrated bird's nest from the Eu Yan Sang booth, going at $110 for 2 bottles, it's quite a bargain.

We might pop by the fair again tomorrow.. Delvin wants to shop, he loves shopping for baby stuff.

No comments: