POPCORN JOURNALS

The journals of Devon (aka Popcorn) as we prepare for his impending arrival into the world!


Baby Devon

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Devon's Second Toy .... Made with Tenderness!

After a good dinner at Upper Bukit Timah (the row of restaurants opposite Beauty World and Bukit Timah Plaza), Popcorn Mama and Papa arrived home to make another toy for Devon.

Yesterday, I had cut out the pieces for the brown bear. I washed it and let it dry. This time, I decided not to try to sew any part of the bear as my backstitch sucks big time. I let Popcorn Mama do all the sewing while I did the stuffing, marking and threading of the needle (luckily I can still do it... else I need to go see an optometrist).

We started around 8 pm and completed the bear around 12 midnight (about 4 hours of work). Sewing the separate legs, arms and ears was the easy part. Later when we tried to put everything together, Popcorn Mama had a hard time sewing all the body parts together. Once it was sewn together, I had a hard time trying to turn it inside out (it's almost like doing surgery... pushing 4 arms/legs through a small hole based on feeling is tough). Nevertheless, we completed the bear, and we sewed on a small little tail, and the face.

It seems that the arms are uneven, but we learnt quite a bit from this bear (as it was much more complicated than the bunny we did yesterday). I think we can definitely improve from this!

All the pieces cut out neatly, ready for Popcorn Mama to sew them together!
Photobucket

Mr Wabbit playing around with the uncompleted legs/arms of Mr Fuzzball
Photobucket

Mr Fuzzball all stuffed and ready for his facelift!
Photobucket

The final product - Mr Fuzzball!
Photobucket

Here is Mr Wabbit poking Mr Fuzzball's tail!
Photobucket

Best Friends Forever!
Photobucket

Bonus Content for Pregnant Moms with cravings for Coke
Mr Wabbit introduces the caffeine free Coke! (expensive at $1.95 per can as it's imported from USA. You can find it at selected Cold Storage outlets)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww! Very, very cute! I love how it was a joint effort from mama & papa!