POPCORN JOURNALS

The journals of Devon (aka Popcorn) as we prepare for his impending arrival into the world!


Baby Devon

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mid-Week Pursuits...

Thursday is the day of the week where the Popcorn parents spend time apart in the evenings doing the things they like.

I go for my weekly pilates lesson located right smack in Bishan Park. The environment is relaxing and tranquil, perfect for getting myself back on track after a hectic week at work.

I decided to take up pilates after I passed my first trimester... somehow I felt restless not doing any exercise. I used to go for aerobics lessons twice a week before I got pregnant. I needed to have some form of exercise, lest I balloon (further) into a whale!

Pilates is recommended as a form of pre-natal exercise. It focuses on breathing, concentration, control, centering, precision and flow. I find that the tough bridge exercises and breathing techniques that we were made to do are essential for getting me prepared for the labour process. I just hope that I don't forget everything when the time comes.. heheh.

Bishan Park where the pilates studio is nestled in



Entrance to the pilates studio



This is the studio. I practise reformer pilates where the exercises are done on the reformer machine.



As for Popcorn Papa, this is what he does every Thursday...



Yes! Magic Cards!

For those of you who have got no clue what this game is all about, it's a collectible card game with a big following in Singapore (I didn't know that until Popcorn Papa enlightened me).

Getting together with a group of friends to play magic cards, that's how Popcorn Papa destresses from his hectic week at work.

No comments: