POPCORN JOURNALS

The journals of Devon (aka Popcorn) as we prepare for his impending arrival into the world!


Baby Devon

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aquafitness

Every Saturday afternoon, I head to KK Hospital for my Aquafitness class. The programme consists of four sessions which lasts 45 minutes per session.

Just a brief introduction to Aquafitness... it is a water-based fitness programme specially designed for expectant mothers. The buoyancy of water cushions muscles and joints and supports the increasing weight of the body during pregnancy. The warm water helps soothe tired and aching joints and the movement of the water creates a massaging effect over the body.

When I found out about this class, I was very interested and immediately signed up for it. We needed to be attired in swimwear so I happily took out my Old Navy maternity tankini which I ordered online months ago. But, when I put it on, I just somehow feel like this animal.. heheh.

The Dugong



Anyway, this is the Hydropool where the class is conducted, the water is warm and soothing.



We do warm ups, stretching, marching, various aerobic moves as well as strength training using noodle floats and dumb-bells in water. I can even jump and hop around in the water and feel light as a feather. What a confidence booster!!

As water resists body movements, muscles work harder. The next day, I'll feel a slight ache and that means I've worked out right?

At the end of the session, there is a relaxation segment where we just float on our backs, close our eyes and relax... A really therapeutic feeling...

I enjoy my classes a lot as it's really fun and it makes me feel energised... not to mention that I also made more new preggy friends. :)

No comments: