POPCORN JOURNALS

The journals of Devon (aka Popcorn) as we prepare for his impending arrival into the world!


Baby Devon

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 26, 2008

My Personal Fathering Targets

Hmm... since I'm in the mood to update the blog, let's make hay while the sun shines.

MY PERSONAL FATHERING TARGETS
1) Carry baby properly
I can carry Devon comfortably now in both arms if he doesn't struggle. However, I need to expand my repetoire of positions to (a) 2 hands cradling in front of me and (b) carrying on my shoulder, with baby peeking over my back. However, if Devon struggles and "rigidifies" himself and starts crying, I tend to get flutstered. My wife says I sound like an old auntie, going "aiyo.. aiyo...", whenever I get panicky.
2) Burp Baby
Managed to burp him once in a while, but the way I hold Devon during burpingneeds some working on.
3) Diaper Change
I can change diapers fairly well now by myself. I have learnt how to prevent being splashed by Devon (which had happened to me 4 times), but inadvertently, Devon's clothes still get stained (need to work on that... hmm)
4) Baby Showering
Have not tried out yet. Popcorn Mama will be trying out this week for the first time before our confinement lady leaves.
5) Baby Feeding
I can perform the necessary setup for the breast pump and sterilizer, and do the cleaning and sterilizing. I have fed Devon through a bottle about 3 times successfully so I think I'm good to go here.
6) Baby Coaxing
Discovered yesterday that Devon can fall asleep if I sing to him continuously... Will try that again tonight. Seems he prefers Emil Chou to Jay Chou.. heheh.

No comments: