POPCORN JOURNALS

The journals of Devon (aka Popcorn) as we prepare for his impending arrival into the world!


Baby Devon

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bringing Home Baby

The very next day after the birth of Devon, the doctor swung by our bed & certified a clean bill of health for both mother & baby.

Evon fed Devon before we left & during the feeding session, I placed my finger in my son's small hands. I had read somewhere that the grip of the baby is enough to support it's own weight (although I strongly suggest that readers don't try this at home).



I made at least four trips up & down the hospital to shift ten flower gift displays down into the car. After packing up all our things, we, together with my mother-in-law & Aunt Gina, took our precious bundle of joy & went down to the first floor pick-up point. My mum had earlier reminded me not to bring the baby down to the basement carpark due to the possibility of inhaling fumes from the vehicles & a belief that the baby should leave from the main door instead of a side entrance.

Here's grandma holding Devon all bundled up.



I drove home carefully at a snail's pace & when I reached home, my mum, my sister & her 2-month old baby, Louis, were at the door to receive us.

We placed our baby in his cot & he looked absolutely beautiful and serene sleeping inside it. We placed our nephew, Louis, next to Devon for a group picture! Isn't that cute?



We then placed our Pupsik bean sprout husk bag over Devon & wondered how we managed to get such a beautiful baby.

No comments: